Kaeng phed Ped Yang
Red Curry with Roasted Duck is one of the most popular types of curries in Thai restaurants outside of Thailand. See our website for the Homemade Red Curry Paste recipe or if you are short of time, substitute ready-made canned curry paste with great results.
* 1 roasted duck, deboned and cut into 1 inch strips
* 2 1/2 cups canned coconut milk
* 10 cherry tomatoes
* 1 cup eggplant, cut into bite-sized pieces or sweet English/Spring peas
* 6 pieces of rambutan (canned) or pineapple, cut into bite sized pieces
* 4 fresh kaffir lime leaves, torn into pieces (optional)
* 1 tsp sugar
* 1/2 tsp sea salt
* 2 tbsp Thai fish sauce (Golden Boy brand is preferred)
* 1/2 cup water (or chicken stock)
* 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable cooking oil (not olive oil)
* 3 tbsp red curry paste (recipe on our site or substitute canned red curry paste)
Put vegetable oil into wok over medium heat and add the red curry paste, stir well, add 3/4 cups coconut milk and stir to mix thoroughly.
Add the duck and stir well. Next pour the mixture into a pot, add the remaining coconut milk, water, tomatoes, rambutans, or pineapple, eggplants, or sweet peas, kaffir lime leaves, sugar, salt, and fish sauce. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
This recipe is from the cookbook Authentic Thai Food, International Thai Cooking for sale in our online market.
More red curry recipes: Thai Red Curry Chicken with homemade Red Curry Paste and another Homemade Red Curry Paste recipe using traditional preparation techniques.
You might also like to read this article about the different types of Thai Curry.
Shop for ready-made Thai curry pastes in our online Thai grocery.